Re: Newcomers [Was: Evolutionizing the IETF]

2012-11-15 17:02:06
Comparing with the ITU who does tour the world, organizing workshops in
far away places, I really think we should be trying a little harder to
be more open.

The IAOC has often noted that holding meetings in more exotic places is considerably more expensive, the hotels and other services just charge more.

Keeping in mind that the IETF is paid for by a combination of conference fees and an annual grant from ISOC, not governments, who were you expecting to pay the increased costs?

Also, why do you believe that people people need to go to meetings in person rather than joining the mailing lists where the bulk of the IETF's work gets done?

Regards,