Re: Newcomers [Was: Evolutionizing the IETF]

2012-11-27 06:58:38
On 11/16/2012 12:27 AM, John Levine wrote:
     Shall we move on?

Sure.  Since we agree that there is no way to pay for the extra costs
involved in meeting in places where there are insignificant numbers of
IETF participants, it won't happen, and we're done.

I wonder how you measure/count "IETF participants"...

Do you measure participants based on subscriptions to IETF
mailing-lists? -- If so, how do you assign a location to the plenty of
gTLD addresses? (including those at gmail.com)

Do you measure participants based on subscriptions to mailing-lists
*and* whether they actually get to post to the mailing-lists?

Or do you count as "participants" those that write documents and/or send
feedback about documents?

etc..

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando(_at_)gont(_dot_)com(_dot_)ar ||