Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-01 14:37:08

On 12/1/2012 12:12 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Hi all,

I've just posted an idea [1] for a small process improvement.
If it doesn't seem crazy I'll try pursue it with the IESG as
an RFC 3933 process experiment. If its universally hated then
that's fine, it can die.

The IESG have seen (more-or-less) this already but it hasn't
be discussed, so this is just a proposal from me and has no
"official" status whatsoever.

Any comments, suggestions or better ideas are very welcome.
Feel free to send me comments off list for now, or on this
list I guess. If there's loads of email (always possible,
this being a process thing;-) we can move to some other list.

What actual problem is this trying to solve? I see the reference to a 'reward', but wasn't aware that there is a perceived problem needing incentive to solve.

In additional, the incentive you are proposing seems to be getting to Proposed perhaps a month or so quicker? It's difficult to see that as being sufficient incentive for creating implementations that would not otherwise we created.

The tradeoff is, of course, less time for final review.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking