Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-01 15:09:10
Hi Stephen,
At 12:12 01-12-2012, Stephen Farrell wrote:
I've just posted an idea [1] for a small process improvement.
If it doesn't seem crazy I'll try pursue it with the IESG as
an RFC 3933 process experiment. If its universally hated then
that's fine, it can die.

In Section 1:

  "The idea here is not to save the universe, nor to boil
   any oceans."

It's better to boil an ocean than to kill a fish.  :-)

  "1.  Working group last call (WGLC), IETF last call (IETF-LC) and Area
       Director (AD) review all run in parallel over the same two-week
       period."

You could skip the WGLC as you have the Last Call.

In Section 3:

  "2.  Where there are two or more WG chairs, all need to agree to fast-
       track processing."

That can be rolled into item 1.

Could you ask an AD to sponsor this draft and generate the Last Call?

Regards,
-sm

P.S. Make the draft experimental. Add a one-year timer.