Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

2012-12-01 18:28:09
I, and I believe lots of us, do want to encourage running code
more than now. This is one attempt to help with that. Why not
try it and see?

Because as a "reward" for claiming to have running code, I think it's
a terrible idea.  As a way of handling the process for documents where
it makes sense to, I think it's fine.  If you want the criteria for
your WGs to be "You have to have running code," knock yourself out.

Oh, and I did forget one other thing I'd meant to say:
What, actually is the experiment?  It seems to me the experiment is to
see if this actually encourages more "running code", which means that
to have a meaningful experiment you'll need to be able to compare how
many protocol documents represent running code (for some definition of
that) *today*, and then look at the same thing again after we've been
doing this for a while.

Do you have any baseline measurements?

Barry