RE: Useful slide tex (was - Re: English spoken here)

2012-12-03 07:57:00
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Keith Moore
  A different toolset, (e.g. pens and paper
and overhead cameras coupled to projectors), would likely produce better
results if that toolset did not encourage laziness in preparing
materials to facilitate discussion.

[WEG] I don't know about anyone else here, but you do *not* want me to attempt
to facilitate a discussion using freehand drawings and writing. My handwriting
and drawing skill was bad before I discovered a keyboard, and years of atrophy
have made its usefulness approach zero as a meaningful method of communication.
You'd be better off with the aforementioned stone tablets and cuneiform in
terms of understanding.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/handwriting

And I echo what Dave said - quit blaming the tools and assuming that forcing
people to use tools they're not used to using will fix this. You have a very
specific opinion of what an effective WG session should be like and what people
should and should not be doing to facilitate such. Sounds like you need to work
with the EDU team to give a Sunday afternoon training session entitled "how not
to turn a WG session into a broadcast-only medium" possibly with a section for
WG chairs and a section for potential speakers.

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.