Re: Useful slide tex (was - Re: English spoken here)

2012-12-02 22:33:52
On 12/2/12 8:08 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
I'm unclear on how we'd carry on a discussion without a floor
management discipline.
i know it's a leap, but maybe presume people are adults
and that everyone of them has a microphone
so we build our meetings around the fears, will someone speak
unacceptably, will someone appeal, will someone pass gas in
class?  next we can have the tsa screen people at the door.
currently we don't do it that way (hand everyone a mic) because it's infeasable. Oddly I have none of the above fears.
can we please play the upside.  there is a high road, let's
take it.

I thought I was. Mic discipline exists because, we have big rooms that require
sound reinforcement, and remote participants and a recording. So if you're
concerned about being heard, or hearing or the historical record, you should be
in favor of it in general

I've never noted the existence of a mic line at an IETF precluding statements which I find disagreeable, so I have trouble imagining them being used for that purpose.
randy