Re: The RFC Acknowledgement

2013-02-08 22:05:15
I try to include in the Acknowledgements section of any Internet
Drafts I edit the names of anyone who comments on the draft if (1) the
comment results in a change in the draft and (2) the commenter does
not request that they be left out. If you comment on some draft and
the draft is changed as a result and you want to be acknowledged and
you are not added to the acknowledgements list, you should complain to
the editor / author.

That's exactly the policy Nathaniel Borenstein and I agreed to use for MIME.
I've used it ever since for all the documents I have edited, and it seems to
have worked well. (And apologies to anyone whose name I have omitted under that
policy - if I did that it was entirely inadvertent.)

The only time I've ever had an acknowledgments section has been when an author
or contributor is deceased. This very unfortunate situation is quite delicate
and merits handling on a case-by-case basis; IMO no specific policy could
possibly be written to accomodate it.

                                Ned