RE: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

2013-03-06 08:22:22

--On Wednesday, March 06, 2013 14:16 +0000 Eric Gray
<eric(_dot_)gray(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com> wrote:

      So far, it has not been any part of the normal duties of an
IESG member or AD to hold press conferences, glad-handing with
the masses, baby kissing, etc.

I can't speak to baby kissing but the above statement is true
only if you exclude the IETF Chair from "IESG member or AD".
Perhaps we could change it if we really wanted to, but we should
face the fact --and I hope that Nomcoms understand-- that the
IETF Chair role has expanded to include a great deal of public
representation of the IETF and, indeed, public politics.

    john