Re: IPR view (Re: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today )

2013-03-10 10:50:21
I do but don't care. With my IETF hat on, the whole point of the cut-off is to
enforce a physical barrier to ensure we do not ever hear, "I posted this draft
yesterday, let's talk about it" in a work group. With my legal services hat on,
with the US joining the rest of the world with first-to-file, those few weeks
of publication could mean the difference between a free and open standard and a
NPE swooping in and attempting to tax the industry.

On Mar 7, 2013, at 5:56 AM, Stephen Farrell