Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-11 13:13:22

     My opinion is that we agree we have a situation that we should improve,
but also we shouldn't focus on the nomcom process, the problem is not
about how we select people (it may help but it is not the root problem).
The problem is to bring new people (younger people, women, from more
countries, different languages, etc.) to write RFCs, to participate/be
interested in the IETF and how we involve/prepare these people to become
our leaders and not just participants. If we do that, then we will have
more diversity in our leadership.
Agree.  And I suspect that a large part of the answer is "make effective
participation in IETF substantially less expensive than it is now"

+1