Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-11 12:53:32
I'd agree to the more general statement that people from large commercial
organisations are dominating, and I'd argue that this is due to the cost
(in time and finanically) of doing reasonably high level IETF work. This
also restricts the available pool, and furthermore means our leadership is
at most as diverse as those large commercial organisations.

This means that we're not only locking ourselves out of having
comparatively pure academics in leadership positions, but also locking
ourselves out of the kinds of independent web developers doing much of the
practical protocol work these days, which in turn means that the IETF
influences that work less than it might, or indeed should.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Keith Moore