Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-11 15:04:51

On 3/11/2013 3:03 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
yes women are more likely to shed
tears when we are upset than to yell or curse or physically push
someone around (which I have been at these meetings)

I was on the Nomcom that Mary chaired. Nomcom's internal activities are confidential.

In spite of that, I believe it within bounds for me to disclose that during Mary's chair<person>ship, she never pushed anyone, nor did she cry (that I saw, though I'd claim we gave her plenty of cause.)

On the other hand, she was frighteningly better organized than most males...

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking