Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-12 12:14:43
At 2:03 PM -0500 3/11/13, Mary Barnes wrote:

 To suggest that
 someone is not qualified to be an AD because they shed tears in a
 contentious situation is unacceptable IMHO.

I'm confused as to why that would be considered a reason not to appoint someone, regardless of gender. Is it because tears makes others uncomfortable or is it seen as an inability to be tough when needed? It doesn't make sense to me.

Especially because we've had ADs who screamed, yelled, threw things in WG meetings.

--
Randall Gellens
plausible, and wrong.                            --H.L. Mencken