Re: Mentoring

2013-03-14 15:32:20
Hi,

On Mar 14, 2013, at 16:26, Murray S. Kucherawy <superuser(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I haven't observed that many newcomers at the newcomer meet-and-greet.
They seem to be overwhelmed (numerically) by the ADs+chairs that go, which
is reinforced by ADs+chairs using it as a taking-care-of-business
opportunity as John observed.

So, also along the "much as I like free beer", maybe it should be just the
ADs, unless the number of newcomers that go increases.

if we do the newcomer-mentor-mailing-list-syncup proposal I described, you
could restrict attendance to the beer to mentors that have been chosen by a
mentoree... This may also widen the mentor pool.

Lars