Re: Mentoring

2013-03-14 15:51:03
On 3/14/2013 3:07 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

As to the newcomer meet and greet... I actually think we got it a bit
backwards.  I think that WG chairs should be uninvited. (as much as I
like free beer).  Rather, I think that the newcomer meet and greet
(and free beer) should follow the newcomer orientation session.

Instead, I think that newcomers need to meet other newcomers.  If they
are going to meet with a mentor/greeter person, then a slot just before
the reception would be good... I'd say just open the reception doors to
newcomers and the mentors 20 minutes early.

Wait ... did I understand that you're offering MENTORS free beer before everyone (except the newcomers) gets in?

If so, I congratulate you for solving the problem of recruiting mentors!

This will be the biggest disruption in the world of Internet protocols since they turned off NCP on Flag Day :p

Spencer