Re: Is there a Git repository of RFCs? Or of Internet-Drafts?

2013-03-16 10:05:11

"Andrew" == Andrew Chi <achi(_at_)bbn(_dot_)com> writes:
    Andrew> On 3/15/13 12:45 PM, Francis Galiegue wrote:
    >> * rsync doesn't prevent corruption of data, git does; * git show,
    >> git log, git bisect; * git format-patch, git send-email etc.

    Andrew> I like the proposal, though in my experience it's not a
    Andrew> perfect match. I use git for version control on my own
    Andrew> drafts, but renames are awkward when going from -02 to -03,
    Andrew> etc.  And git's built-in diff can't compare to the IETF diff
    Andrew> tool.  Of course, I'd be happy to be corrected, since it
    Andrew> would improve my own workflow!

I don't store my drafts as -00.txt, but just .txt.
I git add the -XX.txt as is (sometimes), or just ignore it.

=== % cat Makefile
VERSION=00

draft-ietf-roll-applicability-template-${VERSION}.txt:
draft-ietf-roll-applicability-template.txt
        cp draft-ietf-roll-applicability-template.txt
draft-ietf-roll-applicability-template-${VERSION}.txt

%.txt: %.xml
        XML_LIBRARY=$(XML_LIBRARY):./src xml2rfc $? $@