Re: meetecho praise

2013-03-19 08:46:32
Hi Martin,

thank you for your feedback. A couple of responses in-line.

I would really appreciate if the plenary recordings were not chopped down
is so many tiny pieces.  It would be perfectly sufficient if there was
an overview page that gave the time positions of the individual parts.

This actually depends on people's preferences. We are currently cutting the
recordings in pieces because we were asked to do so. Many people prefer
shorter, independent clips (each of which can be individually downloaded from
the server) rather than a single huge recording with side indication of
bookmarked time events. We can do both things, though.

The meetecho video from the plenary is very close to useless.
One can neither recognize faces, nor mimics of faces on these videos.
Still, because there is video, and body movements are still visible,
the video stream captures attention.  But it's disappointing to
keep watching the video and realize at the end, that the video
stream conveyed pretty close to zero information.

You're right. The video of the plenary is 'close to useless' because we have
recorded it from front-row laptops equipped with off-the-shelf (and low
quality) webcams. We will record video with better devices next time and will
stream a higher resolution flow for those interested.

Kill the meetecho video stream and make the bandwith avaiable for
better audio quality.  ;-)

As to audio, I believe the current quality is almost optimal: we're providing
16KHz wideband audio with either speex or opus.

Cheers,

Simon

-Martin

                                                               _\\|//_
                                                              ( O-O )
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                Simon Pietro Romano
                                         Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                                     Computer Engineering Department
                     Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7683816
                                           e-mail: spromano(_at_)unina(_dot_)it

                    <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento Ë l'alibi degli
                    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                                                     oooO
                                                                       (_/