Re: raw meeting minutes (Re: meetecho praise)

2013-03-18 12:03:01
Etherpad is an awesome tool and we've found out to be hugely useful over a number of IETFs, but be forewarned that on a couple of rare occasions the notes have disappeared. In the first case, it took a manual step for it to be restored. In the second we had a private copy...

Lou

On March 18, 2013 12:35:49 PM Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

On 3/18/2013 9:28 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> it seems to take
> a long time for many to get their meeting minutes uploaded.  My
> suggestion is for chairs to at least upload the raw minutes as drafts

If minutes takers used etherpad, the raw minutes would be available in real-time, rather than requiring everyone to wait for the polished version.

It would also allow some crows-sourcing of corrections and additions to the raw minutes...

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking