Re: meetecho praise

2013-03-19 08:59:46
On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Simon Pietro Romano wrote:

This actually depends on people's preferences. We are currently cutting the recordings in pieces because we were asked to do so. Many people prefer shorter, independent clips (each of which can be individually downloaded from the server) rather than a single huge recording with side indication of bookmarked time events. We can do both things, though.

Perhaps having some kind of logic with a check box (continue next segment after previous segment ends) would work for people who want one long clip (compromise).

I personally prefer the short clips anyway.

You're right. The video of the plenary is 'close to useless' because we have recorded it from front-row laptops equipped with off-the-shelf (and low quality) webcams. We will record video with better devices next time and will stream a higher resolution flow for those interested.

Please make the size of the video window configurable. If Video was better quality I would probably have the slides and video windows of equal size.

As to audio, I believe the current quality is almost optimal: we're providing 16KHz wideband audio with either speex or opus.

I agree, audio quality wasn't a problem (apart from the recording devices causing hums and scratching sounds etc, but that's not the fault of Meetecho I would imagine).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se