Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-20 10:20:50
On 03/20/2013 07:16 AM, Jorge Contreras wrote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Margaret Wasserman <mrw(_at_)lilacglade(_dot_)org <mailto:mrw(_at_)lilacglade(_dot_)org>> wrote:

Jorge - did I miss something here - isnt this your job? If not why are you here?

Let me respond that further - I believe that there are any number of both privacy and transparency counsel's in the movement so to speak who would love to work with such a body to create a transparent set of participation rules UNDER THE CURRENT PARTICIPATION MODELS AS BROKEN AS THEY ARE...

Didnt you file an ID yourself not to long ago? In fact I am betting Professor you know any number of Grad Students who would love such a job if you catch my drift.

Todd

    Hi Stewart,

    On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Stewart Bryant <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
    <mailto:stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>> wrote:
    > Age
    > Disability
    > Gender reassignment
    > Marriage and civil partnership
    > Pregnancy and maternity
    > Race
    > Religion and belief
    > Sex
    > Sexual orientation

    The U.S. has a similar (although not identical) list, and it may
    vary a bit state-by-state.

    > If we are going to have an itemized list of diversity
    characteristics, we should not pick and choose, we should include
    the full list.

I would strongly recommend that legal counsel be consulted before any such "list" is produced or used by IETF/IESG/Nomcom. (FYI, this is totally outside my own area of legal expertise, so IAOC would need to incur some expense to hire competent counsel in this area)

    While I certainly wouldn't suggest we start discriminating based
    on _any_ of these factors, it is very difficult to measure our
    results in some of these areas, as we do not collect this
    information from IETF attendees, nor do we publish the age,
    disability status, gender status, marital status, religion or
    sexual orientation of our I* members.

What records *do* exist regarding the identify of IETF leadership? Is there a central repository of at least names/companies of IESG members and/or WG leaders?