Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-12 03:59:15
On 11/03/2013 20:02, Dan Harkins wrote:
In addition to the moral and social issues involved, diversity of
leadership across several axes (race, geographic location, gender
and corporate affiliation) is important for three practical reasons:

    - It is a well-established fact that diverse groups are smarter
      and make better decisions than less-diverse groups.

  I would really like to see this statement either backed up by
peer-reviewed apolitical scientific research or withdrawn by the
signatories of the open letter. It is highly offensive.

Speaking for myself, I do not find this statement in the least offensive.

It turns out that there's a book on the topic, for anyone who can
get hold of it:
http://books.google.co.uk/books/princeton?hl=en&q=&vid=ISBN9780691128382&redir_esc=y

   Brian