Re: The Purpose of WG participants Review (was Re: Purpose of IESG Review)

2013-04-15 09:03:13

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
How can a memebr of staff in a company argue with the manager about the
manager's decisions or performance? Only Owners/shareholders can question
managers and staff. IMO, the meeting/list discussions on any issue without an
I-D written is the staff talking/working.

??? Not in the country I live in or the company I work for. It is IMO the
*obligation* of a professional to call his manager on wrong decisions or
performance. I think you have a strange view on IETF leadership, I for one, as
a chair of a WG regard myself as the *servant* of the WG rather than the
*boss*. We decide based on consensus, not on hierarchy.

Klaas