Re: The Purpose of WG participants Review (was Re: Purpose of IESG Review)

2013-04-16 10:52:33
How can a memebr of staff in a company argue with the manager
about the manager's decisions or performance?

It is IMO the *obligation* of a professional to call his manager on
wrong decisions or performance.

I've advocated the equivalent of the following opinion before
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg77479.html), but
in the current context it bears repeating:  Here in the IETF we accept
that low-status people may argue regarding technical matters, but
reserve for high-status people having opinions about our procedures.

Dale