Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-01 13:17:24

"Dave" == Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:
    Dave> I think that's still too late.

    Dave> Certainly it could be useful, but it's still very late in the
    Dave> process.

It's too late for Internet Changing Things (BGP4, TCP, IPv6 Header Options)..

It's still too early for things we know little about
(SPF, IPsecME AD VPN, all the LLN stuff)..

just to name a few, there are lots of examples I know.

The problem is partly that we apply the same process regardless of
impact... The review is therefore too late for Internet Changing Things,
and way to heavy for new things that are more self-contained.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [