Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-02 15:25:27
Hannes Tschofenig <hannes(_dot_)tschofenig(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net> wrote:
There is no interest to research where delay really happen.

This is an important point.  We might want to measure before we cut.

[...] From my
own experience I noticed that there are many reasons for delay and I am not
sure I can blame it to the IESG reviews for most of the delay.

My experience is similar, though not uniformly.  For the most part,
time spent in IESG processing has been short relative to the value
provided, in my opinion.