Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-01 17:47:13
On 05/01/13 17:43, Ralph Droms allegedly wrote:
On May 1, 2013, at 1:59 PM 5/1/13, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:
I suspect that an earlier exercise at summarizing functional goals and
design approaches and issues will have a number of benefits, beyond enabling
earlier external review.

Dave - excellent idea.  A summary that explains the "why" first, that
promotes early cross-area review or otherwise expands the set of people that
look at and understand the nature of the problem and the structure of the
specification will allow for earlier review and lighter-weight correction of
problems.

I forgot to say I like that a lot too.  The proponents should be doing
that by some means anyway within the WG.