Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-02 14:18:41
One quick thing:

On 5/2/13 1:14 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
From several past discussions it is clear that we are not really able (maybe not willing) to change our processes.

Note that although we did ask the bigger question, the more central question relates to what we on the IESG can do all by ourselves (without making changes to the formal processes) that we can discuss during our IESG meeting next week. So don't limit your thinking to things that require process changes; suggested behavior changes on the part of ADs are also useful.

PS: I just want to add that I still dislike DISCUSSes that make me re-write documents just because an English native speaker believes (probably rightfully so) that he knows how to write the text better (or at least in a different way). (hint, hint)

We were supposed to have gotten that hint before. Sometimes we are slow. Reminding us is a good thing. :-)

Thanks for your other comments.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478