Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-14 17:46:27
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 03:30:52PM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:

And of course, that's still everyone's preference.  But the reality is
that the imposition of the Discuss is an assertion that changes are
being required.

For reference, that milder uses of Discuss, which is something akin to
"I'd like something clarified" does not require a Discuss.  It requires
a query to the working group and some dialogue.

To be fair, for what it's worth as a WG chair I've had the latter
experience at least as often as the former in the use of DISCUSS, and
I've observed some DISCUSSes cleared without any change at all to the
document in question.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com