Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-14 15:10:44
I think this exchange between Cullen and Ted says it all, except
for one tweak: the IESG is allowed, even encouraged, to apply common
sense when considering the DISCUSS criteria. They are guidance,
not rules.

Also, everybody needs to take the word "discuss" literally. An
entirely possible outcome is that after discussion, the AD says
"Oh. You're correct. Pretend I never spoke!". Or the author says
"Oh. You're correct. We'll change it." Either outcome is good.

Regards
   Brian