Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-14 19:53:32
On May 14, 2013, at 8:27 PM, Joe Touch <touch(_at_)isi(_dot_)edu> wrote:
That is what happens exactly because the DISCUSS holds up the document, and
most ADs don't want to burn time stalling their documents if there's a way
around that delay.

It can only happen if an author values getting their document through the
process more than getting it right, in which case one has to wonder why they
tried to publish the document in the first place.   (I assume you meant
"authors," not "ADs" above).   The IESG processes documents quite quickly; I
don't think it's valid to say that there is some terrifying stall in the
document process as a result of the IESG, such that an author needs to chew off
their leg to finally get the thing through.