Re: article on innovation and open standards

2013-05-15 01:26:40
On 05/15/2013 02:00 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
Otoh hand the whole point with IETF is that *nobody* is *excluded*, it consists of all interested parties and the barrier of entry is really low.
That's what many of us would like to believe. But IETF certainly doesn't consist of all interested parties, and the barrier to effective participation (regularly showing up at meetings all over the world and spending significant time participating in mailing lists) can be prohibitively high.

Yes, I'm aware that some people (including myself) have effectively participated on occasion without doing either of the above. But I think it's hard to effectively participate in IETF on a regular basis without a significant investment in both time and money.

Keith