Re: article on innovation and open standards

2013-05-15 01:42:09
On Wed, 15 May 2013, Keith Moore wrote:

Yes, I'm aware that some people (including myself) have effectively participated on occasion without doing either of the above. But I think it's hard to effectively participate in IETF on a regular basis without a significant investment in both time and money.

Personally I've only been on a single physical IETF meeting. I participate mainly via mailing lists.

And yes, it's hard to participate without spending (significant) time. I don't know how else this could be done though. It's at least my opinion that if time is made available, the barrier of entry is probably the lowest of any similar organisation I can think of.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se