Re: Is this an elephant? [Was: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process]

2013-05-16 23:12:06
On 05/16/2013 06:09 PM, joel jaeggli wrote:

Fix that problem, and most of the conflicts between IESG and WGs that surround DISCUSS votes will go away.
Maybe but I wouldn't take that as an article of faith. You're going to get pressure for more changes when fresh eyes review something.

Yeah, every new set of eyes that looks at a document is going to have some new ideas for what the document should be. The trick is to get those eyes to look at the document earlier in the process, when it's easier to fix problems. Maybe if we did the early review well enough, the scope of Last Call comments could be limited in some way.

Keith