Re: Last Call: <draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-03.txt> (Resource Records for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS) to Proposed Standard

2013-05-21 11:09:45

On 2013-05-21, at 12:02, Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Actually I think that what we need is a BCP that says that DNS is not
intended, not designed, and SHOULD NOT be used for dissemination of any
information that is not deemed acceptable for widespread public distribution.
  Neither the DNS protocol nor DNS implementations are designed to meet the
security requirements of such applications, and DNS is too widely deployed to
change that.

I'd be quite happy to work on such a document if there were others keen to
contribute, review, etc, but I don't see it as anything specific to the
specifications under discussion here.

What am I missing?

How is EUI48 more dangerous to the world than (say) TXT or NSAP?

Joe