Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-23 17:29:49
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Arturo Servin
<arturo(_dot_)servin(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

        This is very good news. If done, it would show how the IETF is
evolving
and adapting to this new world that it is own creation "the Internet"
has make us live in.

You seem slightly confused. If you look at the original message, it
talks about there having been increased attendance at IETF meetings
from South and Central America.

As far as I know, it has been and is still more or less the policy of
the IETF to hold meetings where attendees have been coming from. The
purpose of IETF meetings is to contribute to standards development,
not "outreach" or something, which is a goal for other organizations.
If few attend from some part of the world, there will be few/no IETF
meetings there no matter what the population or amount of network use
in that part of the world. I do not see and do not particularly want
any "evolving" in how the IETF decides where to meet.

Thanks,
Donald
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

Regards,
as