Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-23 21:44:22
On 5/23/13 6:37 PM, Juliao Braga wrote:
Maybe they can not submit drafts, but can
contribute to foster the knowledge of those who produce drafts or
working as reviewers.

Anyone can submit a draft and anyone can review a draft.  The
barrier to that sort of participation is extremely low.  So
the question is why we aren't seeing more drafts, reviews, and
discussions from people in Central and South America, and
what we can do as an organization to change that.  I have no
problem with meeting in Buenos Aires but I do not have reason
to think that having a meeting there will do anything to
increase active participation from that region.

Melinda