Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-28 22:09:39

On 5/28/13 11:47 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 5/28/13 6:27 PM, Arturo Servin wrote:
     Going to Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Mexico City or Santiago will always
split audiences as these are the major tech hubs in the region (also add
Bogota, Lima, San Jose and other cities). So, I think it is not
comparable with Australia.

I actually don't agree with Lloyd that the reason that the Australian
meeting didn't lead to increased Australian participation was that it
was because it was in Adelaide.  I don't expect a South American
meeting in any South American city to lead to an increase in Latin
American participation, either.

Melinda

        If we just do a meeting probably it won't. But as Christian said it
before, that is not the plan. I think that the meeting would be a
catalyst to do more thing, but not a solution by it self.

.as