Re: Best list for IETF last calls [was: Weekly posting summary for ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]

Rule 1 for complex and divergent mail threads is to change the
Subject header when the subject changes. If you don't do that,
your mail is rather likely to get junked.

I think that IETF last call threads should stay on the main IETF
discussion list. That is exactly the right place for them.

I tend to think so, as well.  You never know when someone's
going to stumble over something and make a comment that matters.
The cost is that you get jackasses being loud and petty, but frankly
you'd get that on a last call mailing list, anyway, since IETF
last calls have in a few cases been known to function as jackass
magnets.

It seems to me that the real problem isn't last calls, it's
people not understanding that behaving badly has a cost associated
with it, and that cost is that they're alienating people they'd
(apparently) like to work with and demolishing their chances of
getting an editorship or moving into leadership roles.

Melinda