Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-12 07:22:29

On 6/11/13 3:45 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:
It's interesting to see that people are interpreting me to mean I want
more text. I don't. I want less. Save your breath. There is no reason
to send one line of support, and it only encourages the view that
we're voting. Details below.

And a lot of details they were.  I will point out that circumstances
probably matter.  For a working group document that has already received
some scrutiny, you've already addressed many questions, like whether the
work is important, whether it's right for the IETF to do, and whether
the solution is correct.  For AD sponsored, I would expect you'd
actually like a bit more.  Yes, you've answered some of these questions
in principle, but the rest of us haven't had our say.  In these
circumstances, I'd have to say that affirmative support with an eye
toward answering those questions (as well as nits et al) would probably
be useful for me to see as an individual.

Eliot