Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-11 06:03:23
On Jun 11, 2013, at 4:51 AM, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:
so now i am expected to do a write-up of why i show simple support of a
document i have read?  may i use carbon paper for the triplicate, or
will a copier suffice?  surely we can find a way to waste more time and
effort.

If you say "I support publication," in IETF last call without saying why, you
are arguably wasting other peoples' time.   If you say "I read the document and
I think it's technically solid; furthermore, it addresses a real need," then
you've spent a solid 5 seconds more typing, and we have something to go on.
Keep your carbon paper in the drawer where it belongs.