Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-12 17:12:39

On 06/12/2013 10:56 PM, l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk wrote:

Are the IESG people who disagree with you speaking for the IESG, or for
themselves?

That's really not clear already? In any case, I was disagreeing
with Pete as an individual since he was wrong regardless of hats.
He and I do that all the time and both find it amusing:-)

I've noticed a tendency for IESG weight to be (inadvertently?) thrown around,
lending more weight to comments than would otherwise be given.

I've not noticed that. Maybe I perceive things differently of
course, but people ought know not to take opinions any more or
less seriously just because someone's on some I* thing at the
moment.

S.

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Pete Resnick [presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com]
Sent: 12 June 2013 20:17
To: Bob Hinden
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Content-free Last Call comments

On 6/12/13 10:33 AM, Bob Hinden wrote:
Please describe the context of your email.  Are you speaking for the IESG,
yourself as an AD, or an individual?

Oh, crap. And given that I'm usually the one giving people a hard time
about *this* issue, I feel especially bad about not being clearer.

This is Pete, hatless individual talking. There are (as you've seen)
IESG people, past and present who disagree with me. Nothing I've said is
anything we've come to an IESG consensus around. Insofar as I think that
only saying "I support this document" is a bogus thing to say, I am
revealing something about how I behave as an AD in the face of such
statements, and my further explanations that I value reviews and take
them seriously also indicates my views as an AD, but that doesn't
indicate some policy that I'm instituting with WGs for which I am
responsible.

I am terribly sorry about not making this clear up front. My sincere
apologies. I hope nobody took this as a other than my commentary.

Sheepishly,
pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478