Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-12 14:17:15
On 6/12/13 10:33 AM, Bob Hinden wrote:
Please describe the context of your email.  Are you speaking for the IESG,
yourself as an AD, or an individual?

Oh, crap. And given that I'm usually the one giving people a hard time about *this* issue, I feel especially bad about not being clearer.

This is Pete, hatless individual talking. There are (as you've seen) IESG people, past and present who disagree with me. Nothing I've said is anything we've come to an IESG consensus around. Insofar as I think that only saying "I support this document" is a bogus thing to say, I am revealing something about how I behave as an AD in the face of such statements, and my further explanations that I value reviews and take them seriously also indicates my views as an AD, but that doesn't indicate some policy that I'm instituting with WGs for which I am responsible.

I am terribly sorry about not making this clear up front. My sincere apologies. I hope nobody took this as a other than my commentary.

Sheepishly,
pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478