Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-12 20:06:59

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013, Pete Resnick wrote:

Much as I would like what Stephen says to be true, I think Lloyd's probably
right: People give more weight to opinions coming from people with dots on
their name badges.

One has to be able to see the dots for it to possibly matter. Out here at
the end of the email connection, I have almost no clue who might have a
dot. I give weight to folks I've observed over time to provide thoughful
comments. Many have been ADs, etc. at some point. Unless a message
explicitly says "I'm writing in role as an AD", it doesn't matter.

The exception would be the WG chairs and ADs associated with WGs I follow.

I'm well aware that any review comment I'd make would need to logically
explain my position because I'm relatively unknown.

Dave Morris