Re: IETF Diversity

2013-06-20 00:08:03
Thanks, Medel.

I just wanted to clarify that my closing 'in this space' was intended for
diversity improvements.  Getting more users, operators, and vendors involved
will help.  Having diverse input will help us have better solutions come out of
the WG.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 20, 2013, at 11:42 AM, "GT RAMIREZ, Medel G."
<medel(_at_)globetel(_dot_)com(_dot_)ph> wrote:

Kathleen,
Thanks, well understood  indeed... I hear you.

Medel Ramirez
Globe Telecom, Inc.
Manila , Philippines.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Moriarty, Kathleen
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:11 AM
To: Melinda Shore; Peter Saint-Andre
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: IETF Diversity

A little earlier in the thread, ways to improve things came up.  I
presented at an international conference in Bangkok this week on the
subject area covered by MILE.  While the focus was intended to be more
on how we can look at the problem space to make faster/more effective
progress, standards will enable some of those activities.  The second
half of the talk provided background on MILE, what we are trying to do
and gave the audience a general challenge as well as had specific
requests for help.  My last slide was on how to engage in the IETF.
Outreach and helping people understand how they can be effective within
the IETF may be useful for other WGs as well and could help improve
diversity.  I had 2 requests following the talk to give the same
presentation at other conferences and will likely do them to assist in
this area as well as to make faster progress (and hopefully drive people
to think about how to share information more effectively.  There are
many opportunities for people to help in this space.

Best regards,
Kathleen