Re: SHOULD and RECOMMENDED

2013-06-24 14:52:36
On 6/24/13 1:47 PM, Michael Thornburgh wrote:
my feeling and belief is that RFC 2119 only gives SHOULD and
RECOMMENDED the same normative requirement level, but that it does
not override or change the distinct meanings of these words in
English.  sentences using each of these terms have different meanings
in English, even when those sentences appear in RFCs.

I expect that the subtle differences between these words are lost on
non-native speakers, and even most native speakers, of English. I'd be
genuinely curious to hear that you think the distinct meanings are.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/