RE: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

2013-06-27 18:56:49
At 12:38 27-06-2013, Adrian Farrel wrote:
I think you can rely on each person actually on NomCom to speak their mind and
deliver from their experience (and we can rely on the NomCom chair to tease that
out). So surely we can say something like:
2 old-timers chosen randomly from a list of old-timers
4 people who have been around the IETF a lot (e.g. 3 out of last 5 meetings)
3 people who have worked in the IETF quite a bit (e.g. front page of > 2 RFCs) 3 people who have evidence of participation in technical work on mailing lists.
Each person is only allowed to be placed in one pool before selection.

I'll comment on the above. I have seen the request about reconsidering Section 2 of the draft and I am not ignoring it.

Someone would have to create a list of old-timers.

I think I understand what you mean by "around the IETF a lot". I'll skip that for now.

The front page of more than two RFCs can create an incentive to:

 (a) generate more RFCs

 (b) add more names to the author list

There are a few ideas (including the above quoted text) which could be combined to figure out one or more workable alternatives.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy