Re: Last call: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-16.txt

2013-07-20 06:24:20
Thanks, SM, for finding what I said back in 2010.  I still think this
is architected wrong, conflating devices with communication endpoints
higher up the stack, and steers us toward a path toward eventually
"needing" to reduce privacy even more.  However, 3GPP has apparently
already already started marching down that path.  Could our liaison
explain the situation there?  Is anyone actually going to use it?  Is
this a done deal - do we have to support it because otherwise 3 years
of 3GPP work get undone?

Scott