Re: BOF posters in the welcome reception

2013-07-26 01:36:57
On 7/24/13, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:

--On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 09:22 +0300 IETF Chair
<chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:

I wanted to let you know about an experiment we are trying out
in Berlin.
But we want as many people as possible to become involved in
these efforts, or at least provide their feedback during the
week. So we have given an opportunity for the BOFs to display
a poster in the Welcome Reception (Sunday 5pm to 7pm). If you
are attending the reception, take a look at the posters and
look for topics that interest you.

What about each poster state which WG/RFCs it is mostly
depending-on/related (if applicable), this can make an easier way to
know if I am interested or should be interested.

Someone running the BOF is
also likely standing by, so you can also get directly involved
in discussions, sign up to help, etc. We hope that this helps
you all network with others even more :-)

How can I access the live discuss while remote? The remote live
networking with BOF is still not-clear/difficult. I as remote would
like to know how many attended and interested per BOF.

In the interest of encouraging remote participation and
involvement in those BOFs, could these posters be made available
online before the reception?   Will they eventually be
incorporated into the minutes?

Agree, and I will be more encouraged to participate if I know an
estimate community rank (not sure how to evaluate may be from IESG), a
similar way of poster presentation format per all BOFs (helps to read
through, save time, and get more involve in more BOFs), how much work
was done so far.

And, incidentally, is there a way for remote participants to
sign up for one or both meeting-related mailing lists without
registering (or using a "remote participation registration"
mechanism, which would be my preference for other reasons)?

Agree, but to clarify; if not registered then the remote participant
is still not sure to be involved, but if registered then means he/she
is interested.

AB