Re: Remote participants, newcomers, and tutorials

2013-07-28 02:33:40

On 07/28/2013 09:10 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:

On Jul 28, 2013, at 7:35 AM, Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On Jul 28, 2013, at 6:17 AM, Melinda Shore wrote:

On 7/27/13 8:13 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
yup.  i guess it is time for my quarterly suggestion to remove the
projectors and screens.

Then I guess it's time for my quarterly "I'd be good with that."

As would I.

Me too, as long as we get whiteboards or flip-charts in their stead.

What about people at the back of the room who cannot see what you write on the
whiteboard or flip-charts? (at least slides can be downloaded on laptop/tablet
if too far from the projection screen)

What about people following remotely?

What about people who have difficulties understanding the speaker without some
sort of context?

What about being able to understand the problem that will be discussed before
the session, so to cut on the "thinking out loud" on the microphone?

Do you have a presentation during IETF 87? (I already checked that Randy,
Keith and Melinda do not).  I would be really interested to see how this could
work.

Thanks.

But both the academic world and the business world have taught all of us to
communicate through presentations. So, lost cause.

Yoav

- --
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: marc(_at_)petit-huguenin(_dot_)org
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org
Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/petithug